Vermont Explored’s founder, Tara Schatz, is a freelance writer and photographer who also runs Back Road Ramblers, a blog about American road trips, small-town travel, and easy outdoor adventures.
Tara has been featured on numerous websites and magazines, including The Discoverer, The Bark, the Outbound Collective, and many more.
She is the co-author of the 3rd edition of AMC’s Best Day Hikes in Vermont, which features fantastic Vermont hiking trails for all abilities.
Here are some articles we’ve published about Vermont:
- Hike to Gettysburg Quarry in Dorset, Vermont for Vermont Country Magazine (print and digital)
- 10 Amazing Swimming Holes in Vermont for Vermont Ski & Ride Magazine (print and digital)
- Getting Outside with Teens: Mountain Biking at Mount Snow for Southern Vermont Deerfield Valley
- Watery Wilderness: Paddling to Vermont’s Wilgus State Park in Estuary Magazine
- Recreating Responsibly in Bennington, Vermont for Vermont Begins Here
- Rambling Around Vermont: Fall Camping at Brighton State Park for Vermont State Parks
- Fall Camping in the Green Mountain National Forest for the National Forest Foundation
- An Epic Vermont Road Trip on Scenic Route 100 for Escape Campervans
- Vermont State Parks for Families with Kids on Traveling Mom
- Family Fun in the Shires of Southern Vermont on Tips for Family Trips
In addition to freelance articles about Vermont, Tara has also been featured in the following publications and websites with suggestions for Vermont travel and outdoor adventures:
- Cozy Winter Getaways in New England on Travels with the Crew
- 10 Spectacular Routes for Fall Foliage on Dotted Globe
- Hidden Gems in New England on New England with Love
- Best Northeast Road Trips in the USA on A Brit and a Southerner
- 11 Travelers Share About Their Favorite Summer Adventure on Adventure Mom
- 75 Things to Do in the USA on Eternal Arrival
- Best Lakes in the USA on Kids are a Trip
- Great American Road Trips: The Best Road Trip in Every State on Take Back Roads
- 25 Unplugged Vacation Ideas the Whole Crew Will Love on OARS